A firm equipped with diverse & balanced skill sets
Studio Q Architecture is a group of design professionals equipped with diverse and balanced skill sets, working under leadership built on numerous years of experience within the context of award winning national and regional design firms. Our culture is one founded on collaboration and forged by a demanding, engaging, and iterative design process.
We are a firm founded around the focus of design excellence coupled with a detailed, service-oriented mindset. We focus our work around three driving principles- quality of design, quality of service, and a strong client relationship.
As a collective group of talented and diverse design professionals, we are driven by the common goal to improve our work, process, and the environment our design work will impact.
Square Feet Designed
Ronald M. Quicquaro, Principal Architect, AIA, LEED AP
Ron Quicquaro leads Studio Q Architecture with a passion and enthusiasm for quality design . With over 25 years of experience in the creative design of numerous architectural and planning projects, his work has ranged from public, private, and municipal projects types; from small commercial, to large multi-block redevelopments. In addition to his creative design experience, his project roles have included management, technical and principal level leadership of multiple staffed teams.
Outside of work Ron enjoys spending his time with his family as well as hand sketching and carpentry. He continues to be an active member of his community, involving himself in speaking engagements, publications, and sitting in on local student design critiques as a mentor to future architects.
Quality of design, quality of service, & a strong client relationship.
Our passion for design excellence and service quality is just a part of our commitment to our local and regional communities. As part of a push to develop as an organization and as contributing individuals in our communities, there are 3 initiatives which we strive to integrate into our work.
We place our responsibility to our local and larger communities at the center of our beliefs. Through donations of our skills, design talents and profits, we believe we can make a difference to the built environment and the overall betterment of society.
At Studio Q, sustainability is a key component of our practice, and we work to integrate sustainable design practices at the inception of our projects’ development. By understanding building systems, materials, and the ROI of sustainable strategies we are able to take advantage of a number of sustainable energy saving and environmental opportunities regardless of sustainability-oriented certification programs.
Historic Architecture Stewardship
As a firm, we craft contemporary architecture that is grounded in both the tried and true design ideals of the past and the cutting edge building technologies and trends of our time. However, as a firm that works in New England, we are consistently sensitive and respectful of our historic context. We see great value in all quality historic architecture, and we work to unearth its richness through our response to its architectural , cultural, and contextual history.
Selected Awards & Recognition
Neighborhood Housing Services of Waterbury
2018 Annual Design Challenge Winner
2018 Multifamily Design First Place Winner
145 Bishop Street Multi-family House, Waterbury, CT
American Institute of Architects (AIA), CT
2018 Alice Washburn Design Award
Gaffney Place Historic Block Redevelopment, Waterbury, CT
2019 Excellence in Business Architecture Award
United Bank Branch, Greenwich, CT
Excellence in Business in Architecture Award
Avidia Corporate Offices, Framingham, MA
Sustainable Architecture Award
Adams Street Net Zero Block Redevelopment, Waterbury, CT
AIA Drawings Award
Awards & Recognitions
Ronald M. Quicquaro
Suffield High School, Suffield, CT
- Association of School Business Officials – Exhibition of School Architecture and Architectural Award Citation Honoree
- National School Boards Association – Learning by Design
- National School Boards Association Technology + Learning Conference –Exhibition of School Architecture
Bedford Middle School, Westport, CT
- AIA – Exemplary Learning Environment Competition – Selected Project
- National School Boards Association – Exhibition of School Architecture – Design Citation
- School Construction News & Design Share – Merit Award
Aetna Atrium Building Renovation
- Connecticut Real Estate Exchange Awards – Best Interior Design Project
UConn Waterbury Campus, Waterbury, CT
- Connecticut Real Estate Exchange Awards – Blue Ribbon Award
- AIA Connecticut Chapter – Design Excellence Citation in the Built and Interiors Category
- Design Excellence Citation in the Built and Interiors Category
Middletown Police HQ, Middletown, CT
- AIA Committee on Architecture for Justice – Justice Facilities Review
- AIA Connecticut Design Award – Architecture in the Community
- Connecticut Real Estate Exchange Awards Outstanding Achievement
- Middletown Design Review and Preservation Board – Annual Preservation Award